The Christmas season is fast approaching and maybe you are looking to complete your Christmas Shopping a little early this or maybe you need inspiration when picking out gifts for that person that ONLY enjoys reading. Below are the tips and tricks to make your life a little easier this holiday season.
- Merch- Everyone loves some mugs, socks, blankets, pillowcases, bookmarks, tote bags, backpacks, jewelry, key chains, pens, or anything emblazoned with “I’m reading” and “Bookworm” or quotes from popular books. You can find these gifts literally everywhere and they won’t break the bank. (See my next article for exact items and where to buy them).
- Gift Cards- It’s tough to buy books for someone if you don’t know exactly what they read but that is no problem, let them pick out their own. Gift cards to Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Book Depository and more would be a great idea and save you time.
- Ask them- Every avid reader has a mile long list, so I am sure they would be more than happy to bestow a few (hundred) titles upon you and you can chose to buy as many as you want. No stress, and you are sure to buy them a gift they would love.
- Be sneaky- If you don’t want to tell them you are buying them books, join them on their trip to the library, watch what genre of books they look at, what they buy, and you can potentially buy books by the same author.
- Storage- Books take up space and instead of piling them up on the floor, a bookshelf might be a neat gift. You can buy them as small or as large, as plain or as fancy as you would like and they are guaranteed to be used!
- Subscriptions- Instead of buying a book directly you can enroll them in MyBookBox, you can select the genre and they get two books a month, this gift keeps on giving. Other variations include: Book Box Club, Rare Birds Book Club and more!
- Kindle- If you are looking for a more expensive type of gift, a Kindle is a great way to go. Types include the Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis, or Kindle Fire. I personally had a Kindle Paperwhite which is great because you don’t have to be connected to the internet in order to purchase and read books, consequently, it was a Christmas gift from my Grandmother.
- Old Books- If your reader is into developing their own own library or really like antiques, getting a few old books for their collect is a great idea. Plus, nothing beats the smell of old books!
Thank you for reading, if you have any other suggestions pop them below into the comments and let me know your tips and tricks! Don’t forget to follow this blog- Readers Rant and find me on Twitter and Instagram! Share with your friends and family!